Tautology and its example.

Tautology is an expression or phrase that says the same thing twice, just in a different way. It uses two different words or phrases that express the same meaning.

For example:
1) The students will take turns, one after another. [Turns means one after another]
2) Isolated, lonely place is ahead.
[Isolated means lonely place]

3) He came at 1.p.m. in the afternoon
[1.p.m. means afternoon]
4) They whispered about you and I heard it with my own ears
[heard means own ears]

5) Is this adequate enough
[adequate means enough]
6) I want to see him personally
[see him means personally, these words express same ideas]

7) The evening sunset was beautiful. 
[evening means sunset, these words express same ideas]
8) This is a new innovation
[ new means innovation, these words express same ideas]

9) Anand is a single bachelor
[ single means bachelor]
10) There is lot of frozen ice on the road. 
 [ frozen means ice, these words express same ideas]

11) You say it again once more
[ again means once more]
12) Bits and pieces of paper was there everywhere on floor. 
[ Bits means pieces]

13) My first priority is to take care of parents. 
[ First means priority, these words express same ideas]
14) A sad misfortune befell them all. [
sad means misfortune, these words express same ideas]

15) Allow myself to introduce myself. [
these words express same ideas]
16) My friend assisted me by helping me in painting. 
[assisted means helping]

17) I apologize and I am very sorry for insulting you. 
[ apologize means sorry, these words express same ideas]
18) Your past history shows that you are cunning. 
[ past means history, these words express same ideas]

19) The close proximity of the two birds looks beautiful. 
[ close means proximity, these words express same ideas]
20) Players screamed and yelled for wrong decision. 
[ screamed means yelled, these words express same ideas]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FORMAT OF FORMAL LETTER

View and counterview.

Information Transfer.